hello.
welcome to my blog


Hello. I find beauty in the thing that you most necessarily don't. If you don't like what I have to say, please leave.

Movie Reviews cum Updates
Feb 5, 2013

It's been forever yes I know. Even I've lost track of the number of movies I've seen. I'll start with the few recents that I can remember. Just short what-I-think review this time. I'm just really lazy and couldn't really be bothered to go on and on about them.

I. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey


Its was good. A minute let down to be honest from what I expected with all the hype but still nevertheless, good. First part of the three movies they split the book into. As always, the graphics are amazing. If you haven't already seen it, go. If you're wondering how good it is, I held my pee in for 3 hours even though I had to pee REALLY BADLY at the beginning of the movie. So... yeah. Go figure
Rating: 4.5/5

II. Les Miserables

Best damn movie musical I've seen in a very very VERY long time. 'Nuff said. I thought Russel Crowe did quite well. 'Bring Him Home' was slightly murdered by Hugh Jackman (I'm sorry, it was just awful) but he was still okay though his singing just deteriorated throughout the movie I feel. Samantha Barks was awesome and Anne Hathaway was just simply outstanding for a supporting actress role. Overall kickass movie. Recommended for everyone even if you're not a musical fan.
Rating: 5/5

III. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters


Was pretty good. It's gory with the blood and the shooting and what-nots but pretty okay movie. Thought it was good even though everyone's giving it bad reviews. But I do agree that they just need to stop remaking movies or doing spin-offs of classic childrens tales. Just, please. STOP. Hansel and Gretel were pretty bad-ass in the movie. Edward the troll is so cute. It's an okay movie to catch if you're bored and have nothing better to do but I wouldn't watch it again unless I really had nothing better to do.
Rating: 3.5/5

IV. Life of Pi


Very insightful movie about life and growing up. Touches a bit on religion so just to let those of you know if you plan on watching it and are a little sensitive on the issue. I thought it was pretty slow moving but it's got a really good storyline. Very well thought out. Not sure if it differs from the book much cause I haven't read it yet. Good in my opinion but nothing to hoot about.
Rating: 4/5

Just started college a couple weeks back and it's an honest hell. I sometimes find myself regretting going to the college that I chose but then again, the facilities and the courses offered are to my liking. Dilemmas of a college student. Would definitely be easier if the majority percentage of the people there weren't chinese school students who only converse in mandarin but well, it is a chinese college after all.  Just wish they would understand and converse in english when I'm actually there. Well, another year and a half and I'M OUT!

'Til the next time I find something new to blog about.

P.S For those celebrating Chinese New Year, a Happy Chinese New Year to you! :)
P.P.S Found some new awesome songs to add to the playlist. I might share. Or not ;)

Now Playing: True (Acoustic) - Ryan Cabrera
Mood: fruzzled and fed up

Labels: ,



12:26 AM

Post a Comment