hello.
welcome to my blog


Hello. I find beauty in the thing that you most necessarily don't. If you don't like what I have to say, please leave.

Haters gon' hate
Oct 13, 2012


So, here I am again trying my hand at blogging. It's been awhile since I've put my thoughts out there for people to see. I've also realized I've been blogging bout very pointless things like what goes on in my daily life. Looking back at it now I'm like, "wtf is wrong with me". I guess it's true what they say that the older you get, the wiser you get too, that you start to realize what's really important in life instead of rambling on about what I wore today or who I'm dating now or which bitch I'm going to rant about and all that stupid pointless rubbish. So, instead of all that nonsense I'd like to start blogging about things like books, poems, and music. Things that I find inspiring and meaningful to me personally. Like I said in the disclaimer, if you don't like what I have to say it's simple. LEAVE. There's no point in you coming here to MY blog to start hating. Life's too short to go around hating like that. So if you are one; a hater - then leave. I don't associate myself with the likes of you. You tear someone down for the enjoyment of yourself. Do you have a heart? What kind of person does that kind of thing? So before you start hating and putting other people down, think about this: 


"What if you were the one being bullied and weren't strong enough to stand up for yourself?"

Last semester, we had to produce our own radio show in college as part of our assignment. One of the things we had to include in our show was a PSA or Public Service Announcement. Here's the script I wrote:

We live in a world where we are judged by the colour of our skin,
By how we look, or what we wear,
Where being yourself is unacceptable,
Where being different makes you weird, or a freakshow,
We are all beautiful, beautiful in our own ways,
Remember, being you should not be something you should feel sorry about,
So speak up, speak out and stand up,
You can make a difference,
Visit www.bullying.org for more information.
Bullying.org, where you are not alone.

Edelyn Chow (yes it's original)

if you do want to use it please give credit and/or ask permission thanks. 

I know it's nothing fancy but that's how I feel. I don't know why but I do feel so strongly about this. Bullying is NOT okay. So stop the hate.

And to those who have been bullied and are still being bullied, haters gonna hate. It's up to you to rise up above it and be strong because you aren't alone in this. There are those who made it through it and so will you.

What was supposed to be an intro post turned out to be a whole speech on bullying LOL. Yeah, I tend to do that when I get really carried away about something I feel so emotional about. That's all  for today I guess. You'll be hearing from me sooner than you think. So, if you like what I have to say so far, stick around ;)
Cheers! xx

Labels: , ,



4:17 PM

Post a Comment